4.30.2007

व्ह्य यू नेवर कुएस्शन आ दृंक....

WHY YOU NEVER QUESTION A DRUNK



I was shopping at the local supermarket where I selected:



A half-gallon of 2% milk,

A carton of eggs,

A quart of orange juice,

A head of romaine lettuce,

A 2 lb. can of coffee, and

A 1 lb. package of bacon.



As I was unloading my items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk

standing behind me watched as I placed the items in front of the

cashier.

While the cashier was ringing up the purchases, the drunk calmly

stated, "You must be single."

I was a bit startled by this proclamation, but I was intrigued by the

derelict's intuition, since I was indeed single. I looked at the six

items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about my

selections that could have tipped off the drunk to my marital status.



Curiosity getting the better of me, I said: "Well, you know what,

you're absolutely right. But how on earth did you know that?"



The drunk replied, "Cause you're ugly."

9 comments:

~A4O~ said...

Liquid, thanks for dropping by. Wow, you sure do have a lot of blogs going on. Looks like you've been staying real busy. As usual, your pictures are captivating. I've been slowing down a bit on the writing, I feel like my work is starting to sound the same. Need to clear the mind. Thanks for stopping by, I haven't recieved many replies lately and yours was a very special surprise. Take care and I'll catch up with ya next time, Mike....

rdl said...

So, now you're adding stand up comedian to your list? :D i like it!
Oh and it might be my computer but it takes forever sometimes to comment or for things to load ?? i dunno.

rdl said...

Oh, what are those symbols above this post? they look familiar, can't put my finger on it.

rdl said...

are they burmese?

Liquid said...

It's Hindi script. You were close! :) I checked "Yes" on the translation option in my blog settings basic page. Just wanted to see what it was about. You know the old saying, "curiosity killed the cat." lol

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Great one, Liquid.

Love your photographs. I am convinced you shoot pictures with your heart. Am I right?

Best wishes, Don

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the net, very interesting.

Liquid said...

Don,
Thank you for your observant comment. It's kind of funny but yes, I photograph from my heart. My way of expressing what I see and/or what I feel. Now that's a bit "telling" isn't it! lol
Thank you for stopping in. I've got a bit of catching up to do here on the net! Have a super day!

Liquid said...

Freddie,

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am usually a bit more current on my posting but I've been away from "Bloggerita-ville" for awhile.