2.23.2007

LIQUID BLUE
















i thought about you as a little girl
filled with love and the joys of what would be
and i saw you wiggling your toes in the water
playing on a white sandy beach
i saw the beauty of liquid blue
and all the joys that life had and will bring to you
and my tears dried
and i smiled at the knowing that love is always in the showing
i saw you as an old wise woman
still filled with life sharing memories laced with strife
and i felt you weaving the thought within my mind
that life is not governed by time
it’s created by positive thoughts of our desire
and only we can put out the fire
and my tears dried and i smiled
at the showing that long life
is in the knowing

© February 22 2007 Amias


5 comments:

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Yes, my beloved sister ..
this is dedicated to you, Liquid Blue is the name I fondly call you ...

I have copies all your lovely poems lost among these beautiful photos. I am posting them to LP.net ... they were a delight to re-visit.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Amias and Liquid...this is a lovely duet with word and image, and this line is a beauty:

"i smiled at the knowing that love is always in the showing"

Liquid said...

With honor....

Much, much honor!

iamnasra said...

The poem and the image make its complete...Many thanks for both of you - as your photo and Amias's words light a candle of hope in me

Liquid said...

iamnasra,
just remember that you ARE light.
Bright and beaming!