4.01.2008

And Mint Julips.....On Me!




5 f resh mint leaves, plus a few mint sprigs, for garnish
1 teaspoon sugar Shaved ice
2 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey Lemon slice, for garnish,
optional Orange slice, for garnish,
optional Maraschino cherry, for garnish,


Place mint leaves, sugar and a splash of water into a silver julep cup
or a 12-ounce Tom Collins glass.
Muddle the mint, sugar, and water together with the tip of the handle of a wooden spoon.
Fill the glass with shaved ice, add the bourbon, and stir until combined.
Garnish with a lemon or orange slice, a cherry,
and a few sprigs of fresh mint.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

74WIXYgrad said...

There happens to be one problem with this. It has been years since I've consumed alcohol for non medicinal purposes.

If I remember correctly, liquor makes me do some very stupid things, so I will pass as I don't need any outside assistance.

I'll stick to Diet Pepsi.

Liquid said...

I'll spike those too!

he he he he

74WIXYgrad said...

Then have no video cameras around. At this time, I have a positive presence on YouTube. I don't want to change that.

;)

Liquid said...

lol....

I'll take them all down for today then.

Bella said...

Those sound soooo good!

=) Bella