7.09.2007

PRIMARY CARE.....

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.
After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?"
"Oh no," I replied. "I'm not doing drugs, either!"

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs? "
I said, "No, my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"
"No, I don't," I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"
"No," I said.

He looked at me and said, "Then, why do you even give a shit?"

5 comments:

74WIXYgrad said...

Good to read, as I am getting ready to go to the doctor for my annual physical. Two years ago, I found out I was diabetic. Some time before that My doctor told me that I had blood pressure issues. I've reached the conclusion that doctors are bad for your health.

Memphis Steve said...

Oh so true!

Liquid said...

Yeah, but it would be refreshing to find a doctor with that level of honesty, right? lol

The King said...

Even though it's a joke, this does tell you something about life doesn't it?

wamber said...

reminds me of the Russian proverb, "If you don’t drink or smoke, you’ll die healthy." (p.s. pass the whiskey)