3.29.2006

VELVET MIND~

In this heart of mine
There lives a tiny little voice.
It is soft
And it sounds distant.
The thickness of the walls
That surround my heart
Will not let
The whimpery whispers
Of the little voice
Escape.
My mind
Even,
Wishes the little voice away.
Surrounding my mind
Are the walls of a pink velvet
Barbed wire box.

It is within this box
That my mortal soul
Does time.
Imprisioned.

My heart
With all its jagged pieces
Finds the strength to protect
The precious pure sound.
Fear
Of the adknowlegement of the tiny sound
It might retreat, never return.
Fear
In my heart
Of abandonment.
Again.
Oh,
To be left with nothing
But despair and pain.

Please stay with me.
Here,
Safely,
Inside of me.
I will continue to protect you
As I have done for so long.
Mind
Body
And soul.
Shhhhhhh.
Quiet now.
Others are listening.
Shhhhh.
Shhhhh.
Shhhhh.

A tear falls from a closed eye.

1 comment:

Linda Jones Malonson said...

"Fear
In my heart
Of abandonment.
Again.
Oh,
To be left with nothing
But despair and pain."


Oh how I relate to Velvet Mind ... you are painting my soul with gray letters on black canvas. I hear you!